Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Their promise by, Brina Courtney

SYNPOSIS: One moment can change your life.
One moment to find love.
One moment to lose it.

REVIEW: Alright this book was not horrible. But it also wasn't great.  I hate reading things that make me sad. I didn't know how to review this book and I still am having trouble. This book made me feel real emotions, so real at times it was hard for me to breathe. The author know how to connect your emotions to her writing. Which is super impressive. How do I go on with out spoilers. Ok let me explain this book a little. The main characters are in love already when the book begins. And then something tragic happens, and we're all depressed. Pretty much I had to work through my depression after reading this. The authors writing style was straight forward, and engaging. I would have liked if the book was longer, I think this story actually need more. Well--it wasn't terrible, just not for me. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would love this book. And I recommend it if you like books like The Notebook. Memorable definitely!

CHARACTERS:
*Hannah-Her character was the main one, everything revolved around her. She was Chases girl friend. They loved each other extremely. A love that burns through your soul, which a lot of people don't ever find.

*Chase-The other main Character. Their promise, is kind of a proposal of sorts. But chase says he always loved her and he promises he always will.

*Kate- Was a friend when Hannah need one badly. She help Hannah through hard times, and understood her needs.

I give this three***stars. Not that this book was vile or anything, it just needed more. I loved her writing and it was straight forward. I look forward to more book by this author because i know she will write one hell of a romance!

QUOTES:

Kate sighed. " Then you shouldn't go yet, because the first time you go, you ought to be alone. It should be a private moment for the two of you."

I'd give more but I don't want to spoil anything.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing!
    I loved your character analysis, very candid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love if you wrote a love story that ended happy! I know in real life that is not always the case but ...I have a soft spot for a happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete