Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review for Hard to Resist by, Shanora Williams

 
 
HARD TO RESIST
 
By, Shanora Williams
 
 
Blurb:
 
Natalie Carmichael thought that Bryson Daniels would be her world. She planned a bright future with him, cherished four years with him, and couldn't have been any happier, but during graduation night, all of that changes.
Natalie walks in on Bryson cheating on her. One month after catching him in the act, she finally decides to make an escape by leaving for Florida.
She wants to start over, have fun, and be free while also finding a way to mend her broken heart but when she meets Nolan Young, her single-life escapade doesn't last for very long. She tries to stay clear of Nolan and his desires but it's impossible for her. Nolan will do everything that he can to have her as his own, but will Natalie accept Nolan along with the problems of his past? Will she let someone else into her heart that may be even worse than Bryson?
For Natalie, Nolan will be something completely new to her. And for them both, their desires will be completely hard to resist
 
REVIEW:
 
I have been falling in love with the New Adult genre. It still has the feel of YA, yet it had more excitement. Shanora Williams is very talented, even since I read her debut YA novel Helena Zane Sacred angel, I have fallen in love with her writing. Hard to Resist wasn't any different, with love in all the chaotic places. I fell hard, and it was hard for me to resist the appeal Nolan gave off. It seems like the more this author writes the greater the story gets. Hard to Resist is a story all who have been in love will be able to relate to. To love and lose is one of the hardest things to get through, and to try and move on with someone else is even harder. What Natalie endured would have been hard on any girl her age, and I cried with her and for her.
Nolan and all his playboy ways, I wanted to be the one who transformed him into a good boy(Evil grin) lol, no! I really like me some bad boys. He was trying to reform himself and I respected him for his honesty. There is nothing sexier then a man who knows what he wants out of life, and telling the truth. (Is that not a pantie dropper). Confidence is key with men or women, and second chances are beautiful.
 
I gave this book five stars ***** as a couple I was rooting for Natalie and Nolan. I wanted them to get through any obstacle in their way. And the end of this book!!!! WOW, I screamed, thinking damn it I have to wait for book two. Is there any other way to start love? Natalie had a crazy BFF Harper, who made the story more interesting with her wit and humor. I simply loved her character. And to have them both going through things together, it added a touch of reality. Having these characters pop out . It made me feel like I knew them.
 
 Shanora had a gift with writing and I see her going far. I can't wait to walk in big selling book stores and see her books on their shelves.
 
CHARACTERS:
 
 
Natalie: She moved to Florida to get away from the pain, to get away from all the memories she shared with her now ex Bryson (jackass). Moving in with Harper was suppose to be her fresh start. She was going to Wild out and party, it was what girls her age did. Whatever Natalie thought she was going to be doing down there was the opposite. She ended up meeting sexy ass Nolan and her plans changed. :)
 
^Good God!
 
Nolan: Natalie was beautiful, and everything he needed to stay away from. Love was something Nolan didn't do. Getting screwed over before, his heart was no longer up for grabs. Natalie with all her feistiness and smart mouth intrigued Nolan making him give into the urge that was Natalie.
 
 
 Harper: I fudging loved her! She was so funny and there were parts I wanted to tell her, DO IT HARPER! I wanted to be there with them supporting her. She added the most pleasant twist in the story and I was rooting for her and Dawson also.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Stina. Nice review :) The book cover looks good too. Found your blog on Goodreads and I'm following now.

    Please check out my book and writing blog @ The Creative Forum
    Thanks

    Kaykay

    ReplyDelete