Sunday, September 9, 2012

It Can Always Get Worse by, Shandy L. Kurth

SYNPOSIS: Have you ever been jumped? Have you ever lay in an alley clinging to consciousness, bleeding to death, knowing you could die where you lay? I have. The streets are a dangerous place; Watch over your shoulder while you walk or you may just find out what I'm talking about. Horrors lurk in the shadows, evil prickles the back of your neck, you know someone is watching you, waiting until you have long forgotten that gut feeling....waiting to catch you off guard. Friends can't help you, although they might try. I watch them fall around me and I wonder how we got here. How did we enter this hell? Nowhere is safe in the neighborhood. Clay and his gang, the locals, can't walk the streets alone these days. Fighting for everything and nothing at all, the locals struggle on the streets trying to build a safe life around each other. Haker and his followers, another neighborhood gang,have set a vendetta against them, trying to tear down their protection; but the locals aren't backing down- they're going down swinging. Clays life will never be the same when a chain of events turns deadly and leaves all the locals changed forever.

REVIEW: This story hit home with me. Even though I haven't been in a gang, I was raised around it. So looking outside my window was like walking into another world. So needless to say I have had my fair share or experience. This book was great it touched on a lot of bases where anyone can relate and feel for these characters. Wanting to get out of the violence but standing your ground because your home is your pride. I had doubts about reading this because I don't like reading sad things, but it touched me so much I couldn't put it down. It had me rootibg for the characters. The author did a great job weaving a story that rang so true in my heart. I can't wait ro read more by her!

I gave it four****stars because its great but not my usual genre! But a touching story. I like happy endings, even though its not reality.

Quotes! I had them until my nook deleted all of them. So i have to look through the book again, sorry Ill update.


No comments:

Post a Comment