Sunday, December 16, 2012

Review for Wicked Fate by Tabatha Vargo

SYNPOSIS:

What if you lived in fear of yourself?

For Mage McPherson being afraid of herself is just the norm. Thanks to that fear, being a loner in a small town never bothered the mysterious Mage. Once she received her secret abilities, she figured being alone was the safest way to be. That all changes during her sophomore year at Summerville High when Adam, her equally mysterious secret crush, starts to notice her.

Afraid that she might harm Adam, Mage must learn to either control or deny herself. With Adam by her side she's more powerful than she’s ever been, but is she powerful enough to defeat her worst nightmare? She learns a hard lesson about love and magic when her destiny comes to collect.

MY REVIEW:

This review has took me a while to write. After I finished this book, I didn't think I was going to be able to explain what I was feeling. Still as I'm writing I feel my heart filling with pain. Mage's story connected with my heart. I felt for her from the moment I opened it to the first page. Always feeling out of the loop, different, Mage tells a story of bullying and the way she handled it through out her full life, she's a strong girl. Reading this inspired me, it had everything I needed at the time, I was looking for something to speak to me, whether it was music, movies, or this novel. The emotions you feel as you read it, will fill you with pain. Different isn't always a bad thing, but most people aren't comfortable with different as much as they don't like change.
She might have been different, and she might have not had friends, but her heart was strong and she never let it get to her. She is someone I would could look up to. Loving Adam at a distance from elementary school, she knows he will never like her, the school speaks of her like she's a disease. Adam never pushing her away, defending her actually, but still keeping his distance. This story had it all in the makings, a true Romeo & Juliet romance.
The author Tabatha Vargo created character who were very relateable, they were character who you would think if you walked into a high school, there they would be. The hot jock, who had the kindest heart, but others stereotype him so they don't get to really know him. a beautiful face is nothing more then that, right? The weird goth girl, who had no friends, so no one takes the time to get to know her, even though she might think she doesn't want friends, its the only thing she really craves for. Fitting in is what most people want in high school, and deep down Mage wants that too. The new girl, not caring what others think, she sees a girl sitting alone at lunch. She's new she doesn't know anyone, so she sits with the weird girl, that everyone is avoiding. Sweet and innocent, others don't see it this way. It was high school all over again. Its not till you get older when you realize, who the hell cares if you are different.
The end of this book was shocking and painful, it left my whimpering, thinking "I really have to wait till the next one!!!?" I read this novel in five hours, I could do anything without it in my hands. If you love a good YA Paranormal romance, well look no further, this is the book for you. It really was worth the money and I don't regret buying it. I have it so I can reread it over and over.
I give this novel five stars, and I know who ever reads it will love it as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment