Monday, December 10, 2012

Review for Riven by Alivia Anders.


The third installment of The Illumine Series.

Captured, imprisoned, and left to burn.
You know what they say- where there's smoke there's fire...

For the last two weeks, Essallie Hanley has been a prisoner, in more ways than one. Held hostage by the Queen, she is forced to endure the mind-numbing pain tearing her body- and soul -apart, killing her with every tick of the clock. It seems all hope is lost, until one chance moment gives Essallie a name, Rinae Decante, the final person needed for the Queen to unveil her master plan to end Essallie. Armed with this name, and with the help of Ari and Kayden, Essallie breaks free from her captivity and launches in a search for this mystery girl.

But their search doesn't go as smoothly as planned, and the three soon find themselves fighting against an impenetrable course of fate aimed to destroy them all from the inside out. When Essallie falls victim to her altering soul, they all begin to wonder of there's any chance at all to save themselves from the burning effects of their actions.

Love, lies, and betrayal.
No one is safe from the undoing of secrets surrounding Essallie

MY REVIEW:
I have been waiting for this book forever, or it just feels like it was forever. Either way I loved it, this is the first series that's paranormal I have loved since Vampire Academy. I was left speechless after I finished it. I read Riven much like the other two, within hours I was done, and left yerning for the next installment. I didn't know what to do with myself, the author hits you with a bomb at the end leaving you feeling empty. It was something I waited so long for, it confused me and I wanted to crawl into a ball and cry myself to sleep. I'd say I was playing, but in truth this novel had me on edge the whole time I was reading it. It had so much action, it was like watching a very well made movie. It made all my fantasies of Kayden and made me want him even more..swoon!

This book left me wanted more and I can't wait till book four comes out. Its hard for me to write a review for this. I loved everything about this novel, from the moment you open the book to the moment you close it, it had you engaged really thinking you are fighting to stay alive.

Alivia Anders words flowed beautifully, every word had my mind racing to figure out what was going to happpen next. And she put the right amount of humor in it to make you laugh. It was the passion I was waiting for, it was teasing me like a tickle in the back of my throat. I wanted more, and this installment gave me a glimmer of home. Alivia Anders was teasing me with a lollipop and in the end she let me have a little taste. Then she took it from me and made me cry like a sobbing child.

I have no idea why I have fallen for a demon who munches on flesh, but I do. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to replace the love I have for Will in Infernal Devices, yet Kayden has stolen my heart. The world the author has created is brilliant, and if you love paranormal like me then this is a must read. There are vampires, angels, demons, fairies, mermaids, and anything else you can think of.

LOVED this novel like the others. It has mind-blowing action, love and all the right elements. It moves fast and left no stone untured. It has a very hateful and monsterous villian, someone who readers will no doubt dislike with a passion. There is even a twisted love triangle that is to die for. Question is who will you choose?
I give this book five stars!

QUOTES:

In that moment, all I wanted was to not feel alone. All I wanted was him. My lips crashed against his, feeling his petal soft lips melt against mine as I dug my hands into his hair. He pressed his hands against the small of my back , crushing his chest against mine. My hands moved from his hair, sliding over his cheeks and running along the back of his neck. Kayden Trailed his lips along my neck, butterfly kisses wondering ast my collarbone to the top of my chest. I flung a hand out along the bookcase, clinging to the wood as my legs buckled beneath me.
If this was the way to die, I would be glad to end it all right here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment