Saturday, December 8, 2012

REVIEW!!!! Burning Bridges By, Nadege Richards

SYNPOSIS

Do or Die...

In a world that has been divided amongst the Hunter race and the Warrior, prisoners who have fallen prey to King Cyrus' decrees are forced into the arena to fight until death. Winner is granted mercy and privilege to see another sunrise. Death unto the weak. In an attempt to get back at everyone who has ever shut her out, seventeen year-old Princess Echo becomes another victim, dragging Ayden, her forbidden love, along in a race to freedom, to find out who she really is, and to put a world that has been swallowed by lies back together again.

In the first installment of The Bleeding Heart Trilogy, life becomes a dangerous game of kill or be killed, love or let go. When death threatens the forbidden love of an unlikely couple and they are forced to do the unthinkable, to what extent will they go to be together?


REVIEW

I was given this book by the author for a honest review. (Well--after I begged and pleaded lol) I was hearing a lot of good things about this novel, I just couldn't resist. I was honored by getting to join the street team of this lovely author.
This book was oddly refreshing, I don't think I have read anything quite like it. It tells a tale of a girl who is a Princess and wants nothing to do with it, she just wants freedom. I as others can attest that freedom is something we all still strive to obtain. I read this book in one sitting, devouring it from cover to cover. It had me thinking what would I have done if I were in Echo's shoes? Me being the strong headed women my mother raise me as, would also fight tooth and nail for what I believe in, for what I loved.
When I read reviews from others talking about insta-love, and how it is unrealistic, it upsets me some. I too had what everyone calls insta-love, or love at first sight. It is very possible to love someone when you first see them, I have and eleven years later I am still happily married to the same man.
This story had some things I had questioned in all honesty. like the leather outfit the lead female character was wearing, I'm sure it had to do with the genre this novel falls under. It just confused me, what was it suppose to be? Historical? Distopian? And in the end it really didn't matter to me what it was. When an author can connect with the reader, and transport them into the world they created, that author is exceptionally talented. Nadege Richards is one of those authors. I can't wait for Deceiving Destiny!

I give this novel five bright stars! It had me engaged and mesmerized, it was like reading a classic historical novel with a modern twist. It was refreshing and original.


CHARACTERS

Echo:

Echo is the main female character in the novel. She is the Princess, the next to be crowned queen. Echo wants nothing more then to just be free. She has always felt like she was different then everyone in her family. She has two older siblings that are married and a sister that is a warrior. She had everything she had every wanted, except her freedom, and the will to marry for true love. She is to marry a Princess to save her kingdom from poverty, which the Prince is a...well you know what I mean.
Aiden:

He is Echos love interest, with his intense lavender eyes, (Couldn't you just Imagine what lavender eyes would look like? SWOON!) He is from Old Haven which is were the poor are from. In the beginning he despises Echo and everything her kingdon stands for. He thinks she is a spoiled pampered Princess. When he gets to know her he falls in love with the mystery that surrounds Echo. Aiden is caring and he takes care of his family, which is what a real man would do!

GOODREADS LINK:
AMAZON LINK:


No comments:

Post a Comment