Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The D.U.F.F by, Kody Keplinger

SYNPOSIS:

Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn't think she is the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She is also way to smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact,Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her "the duff" she throws her coke in his face.

But things aren't so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She end up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benifits relationship with him.

Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn't such a bad listener, and his life is pretty sweet up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she's falling for The guy she thought she hated more than anyone.

REVIEW:

This book was great, but I do understand why some have ill feeling toward this book. A girl falling for a Guy that treats her like poop. But this is how I feel if this girl knew what she was getting into--then its on her,she let him call her that. I loved this book because Bianca was strong even when she had worst issues then being called the duff. The writing was good, the author touched on real life altering issues. I know I am the duff out of my friends they are all beautiful, do I can feel on that level. And I'm not saying I'm not beautiful, it just took me longer to figure out I was pretty to me so that's what mattered.

CHARACTERS:

Bianca- Regardless of what people think,Bianca knew what she wanted. Even if it wasn't a healthy way to express these feeling of emotion. She always knew what she wanted. And the whole best friend being lied too, who wants to tell their friend,"Hey, I'm doing this Guy because I'm pittying myself and I need release!" Come on you don't introduce someone if you ain't serious.

Wesley- All men are assholes! That's just all I have to say, you just learn to deal with the one you got. He's young dumb and abandoned. He has no real parenting, poor kid. I blame his parents.

TO ALL WOMEN, STOP HAVING LOW SELF ASTEEM, MEN EAT THAT SHIT UP. LOVE YOU FOR YOU. FAT,SKINNY,SHORT,TALL, GLASSES,FRECKLES, OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU DO NOT LIKE. MINE WAS A BIG HEAD GROWING UP. WE AS WOMEN ARE GORGEOUS AS WE ARE, AND MEN CAN SENSE WHEN WE KNOW IT. I THOUGHT BIANCA WAS BEAUTIFUL, WE ALL HAVE A LITTLE DUFF IN US.


No comments:

Post a Comment