Friday, August 24, 2012

Breathe by, Abbi Glines

SMY: Sadie summer job isn't going to be on the beach life guarding or working at a rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mothers increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mothers job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families that live on a near by island.
When the family arrives at their summer get away, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Non-other then Jax Stone. One of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her time taking care of her mother, and all her life as an adult, she might be happy to work for Jax.
Sadie not easily impressed finds Jax alluring. In Jax's world relationships never work out, so he pushes Sadie away. At the end of the summer Jax finds It hard to breathe without Sadie.


REVIEW: ( THE REVIEW HAS TO bE UNDER LINED SORRY MY LAPTOP IS FREAKING OUT!!!)

I really wanted to read this book after all my fellow facebookers were praising it. So I bought it thinking I was going to just read the first couple pages that night and go to sleep early. No, this is not what happened I ended up staying up till three in the morning. There is something about a good love story that keeps me wanting more. I know so cliche, but to tell you the truth it was love at first sight with my husband (well for me more then him) eleven years later we are still together. Things that I loved about this book are: The main character Sadie is very strong and she doesn't let anything stop her from what she needs to get done. I do know that its wrong to put all that pressure on any child, and its super sad that this happens in real life. I just like that shes very strong. I love Jax the main character isn't fat headed, well to a point ( do you blame him he is a teen idol.). I like that the author made him feel things. Do I believe that there is a man out there like this....LOL HELL NO. The things I didn't like were her mother, yeah I have a feeling no one liked Jessica that much. I also didn't like how she describes Sadie as a super model. I Don't know if a very beautiful person can be humble, to not even know they are gorgeous. OK...its alright because this is fiction. I love the book it made me swoon like a little girl at the right moments. I'm going to gave this book four **** stars.

QUOTES: Life has always been a struggle for me, from what I could tell, it wasn't daisies for everyone else either. ( THE beginning)

I'd seen this coming from a mile away before school let out.But instead of being able to go out and be a normal teenager. Jessica expected me to make the money.

" So, Sadie, how did ugly butt Marcus here find a beautiful blind girl?" Rock asked me as he flipped a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment