Friday, November 23, 2012

Review for Waterdancer

REVIEW: Waterdancers
AUTHOR:Samantha Comb
PUBLISHER: Musa Publishing



SYNPOSIS:

For Bailey Wasserman, being Bailey has recently become an incredible challenge. It's not enough that she must come to terms with her mother's new husband, their new life, and a new surfer boyfriend. When she meets her real father for the first time, she discovers a secret family trait that will alter the course of her own life and those she loves…maybe forever.
Bailey and her mom have always met life’s challenges as a team of two, more like best friends than mother and daughter. But her mom’s recent marriage has changed all of that, and having her little brother Landry is the only good Bailey can find in that union. The move to wealthy Del Mar from their humble beginnings has turned Bailey sour, until a chance meeting with surf hottie Jack West. Then Bailey’s father, with his annoying Zen-surfer lingo and a talking turtle he claims is no less than her spirit guardian, reenters her life and threatens the only relationship Bailey thinks is working in her world. She soon finds out that’s not all his arrival will do. His presence and their shared family trait could ultimately force Bailey to make a decision that will alter the course of her own life and those she loves…forever.

MY REVIEW:

This book reminded me of my favorite movie ever, Blue Crush! I think this book was amazing, it was an exact match to why I fell in LOVE with YA books in the first place. The Waterdancer is he only book I have read in which it told a story like this one. I was engorging my self with this novel, YES--I I loved it, it sold me on the grest story-telling, plus the surfing was a added bonus! A story that tells of love, and has all the right paranormal elements; that is also very well written, will always rate high to me. Samantha Combs is a fantastic author, and I will not be suprised one bit if one day I'm walking through barnes and nobles or any other major bookstore for that matter, and stocked on the shelfs are the Waterdancer. I will get to say, "I have read, review, and loved this book! Well done Samantha Combs, it was very memorable, and thank you for giving me the chance to read this work of art!

FIVE STARS*****! If I could give this novel more stars I would, it was ingaging and exciting, I felt as if I were the one riding in the waves, with my pet turtle stuffed in my shimmery blue bikni!

CHARACTERS:

Bailey: The new girl in  cool beach town. Meets a guy (Jack) who wants to teach her to. surf. I'm totally positive there was an alterior motive to his action. She learns after surfing on night, that her father is more then just a dead beat father. He is special, and he pasted his "specialness" on to his unsuspecting daughter. Creeped out bailey gets to know her father, and he teaches her how to keep her girfs in check.


Jack: Totally hot, and Bailey's love intrest. He is the hottie teaching her how to surf, along with other steamy things (kissing only, this is a YA novel) He seems cool and laid back, someone you would want your daughter to hang around.

QUOTES:

"I'd better keep you close. When those animals get back, they'll be all amped from the ride, and one of them might try to jump you." I didn't care what reason he came up with foe scooting close; I was just trilled her did

"I'v never done anything like that before. That was kind of insane."
"Yeah. It shows." Jack smirked from his side of the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment