Friday, November 16, 2012

Interview with the lovely Jenna Kay!

Interview with the lovely Jenna Kay

1-When did you know you wanted to become a writer?
In 2009 I decided to take my imagination and put it to good use.  I was   29 years old and decided it was time to get everything out of my brain and onto paper.  And the ideas are still coming!
2- Is there any one person who inspired you to become an author?
The year I began writing was the year my father passed away.  I'd have to say he inspired me.  Also my husband, children, and family continue to inspire me everyday.  My mother is a very huge fan of mine.
3- When choosing a title for your book, what is it you go off to name it?
Once an idea forms in my head, I make an outline (that changes constantly) and from there I'm able to come up with a title. 
4- When writing do you visualize your characters as yourself or as their own person?
As their own person.  I think it's important to think of your characters as real.  Which is both good and bad.  The good part is you'll be able to rationalize situations they will or are going through at a certain time.  The bad—when you have to kill one off.  That can be sad, especially if it's one of the good guys.
5- Are you reading anything right now? if so what is it, and who is it by?
At the moment, 11/14/12, I'm not reading anything.  I am, however, editing a short story.
6- Are any of your characters based on people from your life?
There's a couple that I cannot name, but the answer is yes.  ;)
7- Who is your favorite author?
There's too many to name, but I will say I love Indie authors and support them all the way!
8- When you get writer's block how do you cope with it?
Solitaire and loud music.
9- What's your favorite book of all time?
Another toughie.  I love the Shiver Series, and anything YA paranormal.  I can't pinpoint a favorite one.  I just love too many books!
10- Can you tell us something about yourself that nobody knows?
Hmm, I'm pretty much an open book, but...oh!  I love to roll around in the Fall leaves, just don't tell my children.  They may get jealous.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment